Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I don't think they're butterflies anymore

It's 3:56pm...I am very anxious to get everything done here at school. Tomorrow...in 4 minutes, I will be going down the runway at 300 mph zooming past workers on the ground, as a sudden pressure overcomes my body, and I will see San Diego begin shrinking to the size of an ant colony, and eventually disappear for nearly 5 months. California, will only be existent to those who ask if I live next to a movie star, or if I surf, both of which I will say no to. Thinking about those that I love, those who mean the world to me, those that are irreplaceable brings a blur of emotions. I've had butterlies in my stomach before, but i'm afraid i'm no longer feeling fluttering as I believe a stomping elephant is inside my stomach. I know it'll only be for a few months, but I fear those months will seem longer to start, but as thigns pick up, I know I will have little time to think about how time is moving. There is so much to see in the world. Many dream of taking the opportunity to travel and see both natural and manmade beauty, and here I am, about to live those dreams. New cultures, new sites, and new people will surround me and I hope to welcome them with open arms, letting this new experience fill me. My first stop will be in London, England. I'm very excited to see it. You hear about these places...you see them in movies and photo's, but to actually be there, to actually see these places is just so surreal to me still. Be praying that everything goes well, that my flight goes well, and that I am able to get to where I need to be safely and soundly. Anyways, for now, I'm going to finish working on some stuff before calling it a day.

Just Love,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment